Metal Fabricator / Welder
|Location:||La Crosse & West Salem, WI|
|Salary Range:||$17.50 - $23.30 / hr depending on experience, qualifications, etc.|
|Benefits:||Health Insurance, Life Insurance / Accidental Death, Short Term Disability, 10 Paid Holidays, PTO (varies, tenure-based), Uniforms, Others|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||La Crosse & West Salem|
|Description:||Candidates must possess the following skills:|
• Must be able to determine the proper layout of parts to be welded using blueprints, and position parts in jigs or fixtures.
• Proficiency in the GMAW process and the ability to pass welder qualification tests according to AWS D1.1 and D1.3 welding standards using spray transfer and short circuit transfer modes in several welding positions.
• Must be able to cut and prep piece parts when necessary using oxy-fuel cutting or plasma cutting processes.
• The ability to properly operate a forklift as well as overhead and jib cranes.
• Proficiency using various measuring tools including tape measures, calipers, and fillet gages.
• Must be able to interpret welding symbols.
• Must be able to interpret and apply strict welding and dimensional standards.
• Must be punctual and demonstrate regular attendance.
• Must meet established production standards and work in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Must be involved and active in the continuous improvement of themselves and manufacturing processes.
Level of pay is differentiated by an employee’s ability to work on complex weldments and projects, an employee’s ability to work independently with minimum direction, an employee’s proficiency to complete projects in a timely and efficient manner, and an employee’s ability to produce work free of defects.
Breaks: (10 minute coffee, paid), (30 minute lunch, unpaid).
Overtime: Routinely available with shop hours extended. Paid at 1.5X base pay.
|Qualifications:||Pre-employment physical/drug testing is required.|